CAC Board Report
It was great to have one of our Barnabas Elders, Larry Sagert, as a guest to bring a short devotional at our meeting regarding the important matter of the “Character of Elders” 2 Corinthians 1:14 , Titus 1:6-9, Colossians 3:12.
It was a timely and encouraging word for our group of Elders. We are thankful that we have Godly leaders like Larry who are committed to building up the Body of Christ.
Board Discussion Item
- Senior Pastors report- Discussed the many successes and Challenges in ministry in the Parish and Church including the Afternoon Adventure program under the leadership of Carol Goh and her faithful team. The car rally was an exciting cap to the whole school year. Many Gospel seeds were planted. Further, we continue to hear great comments on the Church’s 73rd anniversary celebration. Another highlight this month was being able to send
almost $4,000 to help Camp Kawkawa with their summer student funding shortfall. A great investment with our Ministry partners.
- Planning for the August 24 “Cruise In” is well underway with Wayne Massey’s leadership. He and his team are motivated and do a great job reaching out to the local car community while raising funds to send kids to Bible
- Preparation is underway to be able to use the gym for activities normally associated with a gym as well as a meeting room. This will take effect in the fall.
- Nominating Committee work is now complete. The nominee list will be available soon
- The Board continues to discuss and plan for future staffing needs.
- Discussion about Church pew replacement timing and costs continues.
We prayed for many members of the congregation who are experiencing health issues and also those who carry heavy burdens at this time. Our God is able!